Tea for Three ( Doshas )
– Let’s enjoy a nice cuppa –
I Love Ginger Tea – for Vatas
- 2 inches ginger root
- 4-5 cups water
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- Grate ginger root.
- Add to a pot of boiling water and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain and enjoy. Add honey if desired.
Rose & Mint Tea – for Pittas
- 2 pinches of fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp mint
- 1/4 tsp rose petals
- 1/4 tsp raw sugar
- 2 cups of water
- Boil water.
- Add ingredients and steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Strain and enjoy.
Spice for Life Tea – for Kaphas
- 4 cups of water
- 1 tbsp crushed cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger root
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- Begin heating water in a pot.
- Add cinnamon sticks and turmeric powder and boil for 3 minutes.
- Add ginger and boil for another 2 minutes.
- Strain and add a bit of honey if desired once it’s cooled down a bit.
Digestive Tea for all Doshas ( CCF Tea )
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 4-5 cups of water
- In the morning, Bring to a boil 4-5 cups fo water. Add all the seeds. Cover with lid and boil for 5 minutes.
- Strain out seeds and pour into a thermos.
- Drink at least 3 times a day to improve and reset your digestion.
I lived in England for a year when I was 19 years old. What a delight to visit grandiose estates on the weekends and enjoy a nice cup of tea in the beautiful surroundings. I must add that I generally accompanied that with a delicious scone and Devonshire cream. Fond memories.